Saturday, November 7, 2009

Week 3 - Thing 6

Color Picker was a lot of fun.  I can't think of any teaching applications for it, but like the description on the side read, "Its purpose is simply to provide wonder and delight. Nothing more, nothing less. Isn't that enough? -- jbum" 

I had fun making my trading card, but didn't want to link my flickr account to bighugelabs.com since I don't know if I'll use it again and I don't want them accessing my photos.  I can think of classroom applications for the trading cards, but doubt I would have time in the library to do a project from start to finish.  It may be a fun optional activity to promote new books.  I also saw one example of different staff cards that the students collect to get to know the faculty.  That has possibilities.

MashUps look like fun if you have time to be artsy.  It could be a way for students to design new covers for older books.

No comments:

Post a Comment